Every Manteco fabric is born from the careful selection of raw materials. The company has an internal laboratory dedicated to the control of materials that are used for the realization of the collection and production, ensuring high quality standards at international level.
Manteco has a clear view and strictly guidelines in terms of preferred raw materials:
- Preference, when feasible, is given to recycled raw materials and also GRS certified.
- Use of textile leftovers to optimize their quality and build the premises of Circular economy models and products.
- Buy Responsible Wool Standard certified wool. This brought the company to achieve the RWS certification. On farms, the certification ensures that sheep are treated with respect to their five freedoms: from hunger and thirst, from discomfort, from pain, injury or disease, freedom to express normal behaviour, and freedom from fear and distress, mulesing free and also ensures best practices in the management and protection of the land.
- Predilection is given to mulesing free, indeed cruelty free, wool options when available.
- Choice of ZQ certified Virgin Wool to be confident that the sheep producing the wool are humanely treated, well fed, live natural and healthy lives, and not subjected to mulesing, which means you’re also getting fibre of the very highest quality and performance.
We are working hard to make a complete shift toward responsible materials in the very next future.
The experience and expertise in the recycled wool sector, combined with the use of cutting-edge processing, allow the creation of collections based on the circular economy, of great tendency and current trends, transforming Manteco into a reference point for the sustainable fashion sector.